On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:42:41 +0200
Rudolf Rittmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Which means that we need to limit the time these guys spend on a
> workstation to maximum 1 hour per day, they should not be able to login
> again for that day, inactivity logout, say after 10 min, etc

As you say, I don't think there is an off-the-shelf solution for this, but it
sounds like a nifty little project.

As a start, I think something like "sleep 60m && logout" inserted in one of
the login scripts would give you the big boot-out-the-door after an hour online.

You would have to log and total the time online and use something to re-write
the 60 to less as the day went by.

As it's a school you will have to go out of your way to make it especially
bulletproof, but I don't see any reason why it can't be done.