I did it using Andrew Tridgell's tserver. It is a tiny web server that
has some powerful capabilities.
I documented it on
http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/ClientWebserver a couple of
years ago

The files size is < 15k stripped and just links against libc.

It executes shell commands as cgi and is simply brilliant.

Regards
Darryl Bond

Karl. wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 01:22:02PM -0500, Scott Balneaves wrote:
>
>> Sherwood Botsford wrote:
>>
>>> Why are you reluctant to run ssh?
>>>
>> The biggest problem with running sshd on the thin client is mainly
>> a performance issue: if you've got 1ghz clients with goodly amount
>> of ram, yeah, it's a great solution.

                                DISCLAIMER

The contents of this electronic message and any attachments are intended only
for the addressee and may contain legally privileged, personal, sensitive or
confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, and have
received this email, any transmission, distribution, downloading, printing or
photocopying of the contents of this message or attachments is strictly
prohibited. Any legal privilege or confidentiality attached to this message and
attachments is not waived, lost or destroyed by reason of delivery to any
person other than intended addressee. If you have received this message and
are not the intended addressee you should notify the sender by return email and
destroy all copies of the message and any attachments.  Unless expressly
attributed, the views expressed in this email do not necessarily represent the
views of the company.