On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 12:05 -0700,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > * Power the thin client, which boots until an initramfs prompt
> > (initramfs)
> >
> > OK this is not something I can give my customers.
>
> I have to agree. I got same situation on my home/test-lab. I got 4
> perfectly working Ubuntu 6.06.1+ltsp 4.2-environment
> (http://wiki.ubuntu-fi.org/LTSP_Ohjeita), but none for Edubuntu 7.10
> Server -edition. And you can't blame me for that I have not tried
> hard
> enough ;-). So see you year 2009/2011 with LTSP5...

Asmo
if you remove "quiet splash"
in /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.cfg/default
it allows you to see what is happening at boot.

I had the dhcp server on the router interfering. The initial DHCP
request was satisfied by this machine, but the second DHCP request was
answered by the router.

So for me,
* install Gutsy
* apt-get install ltsp-server-standalone openssh-server
* ltsp-build-client

Does, infact, result in a working thin client

James