Cindy Murdock napisaƂ(a):

> I'm not sure if you can identify by username with squidGuard; I imagine
> it's possible, but I haven't tried it.

I can do that. SG documentation says about it:
http://www.squidguard.org/Doc/authentication.html

> I've been using squid in
> combination with identd to identify users by username.
> I work for a public library, and I use it to restrict our OPACs (the
> public catalog computers) to our library catalog site.  The file
> opacs.urls is just a simple list of urls, one per line.

I work for academic library. We have 14 terminals: 10 of them should be very
restricted ones (only one domain), next 4 are less restrictive. They should
have access to our library site and many other sites related to sport and
medicine problems. It is virtually impossible to make a whitelist for these
domains and sites, so I want use SG blacklists.

> Which linux distribution are you using on your LTSP server?  If you
> happen to be using ubuntu, I've found that ident2 works well with the
> modifications listed here:

I'm using openSUSE 10.2 now. I don't want to use other distro without KDE. I
feel that LTSP 5 is great, especially tightly connected with Ubuntu, but
KDE's possibilities and ease of configuration are just great (from my own
point of view of course).
--
Tomasz Lewicki
PGP key: http://stalker.republika.pl/stalker.asc