Hi,

We've got some remote offices where staff use freeNX to access their
remote desktops.

At the moment the installations are a bit of a mixture. Some users
have nxclient installed on their PC's, and some users have a LTSP4.2
terminal with the nxclient "SCREEN_01= startnx"

Both work fine but we want to stop using PC's all together and only
have thinclients installed.
But the problem we have with the thinclients (at the moment), is that
we need a server at each office to boot them. We would like to forget
about having to install a server just to boot the clients.

We thought the might be two possibilites.
1) boot the clients over the network (WAN) ?
2) install just enough on the thinclients to get the NX client going.

The thinclients we are using have a 512MB Flash memory that we can use
as a hard drive. Would installing LTSP onto the harddrive be a
resonable idea?

Any thoughts please.

Thanks.
Chris.