On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 12:14 -0800,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I tried a brand new Debian etch with the option to make several
> partitions for /home, /usr etc.
>
> When running
>
> ltsp-build-client --dist etch
>
> after a while it will run out of disc space and abort. I guess it
> tries
> to assemble the image in / cause this is the only partition which is
> nearly filled.
>
> How can I avoid this?

Rolf why did you partition your disks eg /usr etc
because 'you can' is cute etc but you'll need to start again.

In general don't partition your disks (in many pieces) unless you need
to, and if you need to you will understand how and why and what size
etc.

This is what I do:

/       10G             # big enough for all my fiddling
swap    1G              # never use it, but it is there for someday
/home   TheRest         # Can reinstall OS with ditching MyStuff

That's a good starting point.
James