On Feb 9, 2008 7:49 AM, Chris Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Friday 08 February 2008 20:39, Ryan Churches wrote:
> > It would be nice to find a small form factor solution with integrated
> > LCD shipping with Linux
>
> I've looked into this previously but came to the conclusion that it is not as
> good an idea as it seems. You seem to have to pay double the price (to buying
> panel and base separately) and you have to replace the whole thing if either
> device fails or needs upgrading.
>
> Far better IMHO to purchase a flat panel and add a compact client behind the
> flat panel as suggested in this thread:
>
>    http://marc.info/?t=120248094400004&r=1&w=2
>
> Kind regards,
> Chris.

Chris,
Thanks for the reply.  I got a similar suggestion, and I'll definitely
price it both ways and let my client decide.  The only benefit I see
to an integrated solution is -2 cables:  one D-SUB / DVI, and one
power cable.

I pointed out those downfalls and a few others, and I will be sure to
reiterate them to him when I show him budget requests.

Thanks again,
Ryan