Oliver Grawert wrote:
hi,
Am Freitag, den 22.02.2008, 12:46 +0000 schrieb G. David Sword:
Hi Folks

Am looking at upgrading from 4.2 to LTSP5. I did the install, the ltsp-build-client, and it all seemed ok. The terminals booted, but gave a message saying that xdialog was not installed, so I installed xdialog.
that looks pretty much like you have sdm instead of ldm installed (which
is pretty strage, is that sid ?) (sdm wont tell you that the ssh keys
are wrong) run ltsp-update-sshkeys on the server and you should also be
able to log in with sdm ...

the reason why you end up without ldm should be investigated though ...

ciao
        oli

(ps: lts.conf isnt necessary in ltsp5, you remebered right :) )
Hi oli
I do have ldm install (on the server)
I put in an lts.conf, similar to the one suggested, and I get lots of errors on the different consoles about screen scripts missing. I don't have a sid machine to try it on, but I got the same results on etch and lenny. I am just about to mess with the lts.conf - does it need a server statement, or anything else?

Thanks

David
begin:vcard
fn:G David Sword
n:Sword;G David
org:William Sword Ltd
adr:Blairlinn;;Groveside Bakeries;Cumbernauld;;G67 2TX;Scotland, UK
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Joint Managing Director
tel;work:01236 725094
tel;fax:01236 730472