Would you like to make the virtual server your ltsp-server? Well,
actually that doesn't really matter, because you don't have any
workload on the ltsp-server except during booting.
The machines the thinclients can log in via ldm may be different. In
our system the ltsp-server is a virtual system for which a seperate IP
was specified. So there is no real difference. But we used XEN. If you
want to seperate your services a virtual machine is of course a good
idea.

2008/5/19 Cindy Murdock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi list,
>
> A colleague and I were throwing about ideas, and the thought came up of
> using a vmware image as an LTSP server, so I thought I'd ask the list to
> see if anyone had done it.  We're facing the prospect of upgrading
> several servers from Ubuntu Edgy to Feisty to Gutsy to Hardy, or else
> swapping out the servers for fresh ones, all in the midst of another
> large and time-consuming project.  The thought of simply deploying a new
> virtual server at all our locations is rather tempting.
>
> Thanks!
> Cindy
>
> --

Agnes-Bernauer-Strasse 53c