Hi Kevin,

thanks for your reply.

Kevin Squire schrieb:
> On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:27:32 +0200
> "Stefan U. Hegner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> is there any other way than the custom XF86Config to set DisplaySize /
>> DPI for the clients in LTSP 5?
>>
>> ... if not I think it would be a worthy feature for downstream
>> development, that could be easily implemented.
>>
> Are you refering to something other then this?
>         XSERVER               = i810
>         X4_MODULE_01          = glx
>         X_VIDEORAM            = 4096
>         X_MODE_0              = 1024x768
>         X_COLOR_DEPTH       = 16
>         X_HORZSYNC                  = 30-54
>         X_VERTREFRESH       = 50-120

Indeed I am.

I am referring to the DPI resolution for font scaling, not the physical
screen resolution. I want to tell my X-Server the physical dimensions of
my screen, as done in xorg.conf with DisplaySize like this:

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "EIZO FlexScan F57"
        Option          "DPMS"
        HorizSync       30-96
        VertRefresh     50-150
        DisplaySize     338     254     # Physical Screen size 33,8 cm
by 25,4 cm
EndSection

Thanks

Stefan.