Hi Oliver,

... finally managed to build a new client-fs with all my special tweaks.
Now I wanted to test this:

Oliver Grawert schrieb:
> hi,
> Am Samstag, den 12.07.2008, 20:14 +0200 schrieb Stefan U. Hegner:
>
>> I am referring to the DPI resolution for font scaling, not the physical
>> screen resolution. I want to tell my X-Server the physical dimensions of
>> my screen, as done in xorg.conf with DisplaySize like this:
>>
>> Section "Monitor"
>>         Identifier      "EIZO FlexScan F57"
>>         Option          "DPMS"
>>         HorizSync       30-96
>>         VertRefresh     50-150
>>         DisplaySize     338     254     # Physical Screen size 33,8 cm
>> by 25,4 cm
>> EndSection
>>
> this is the changelg entry of hardy-updates, X_MONITOR_OPTION_01 should
> provide you the ability to set DisplaySize:
>
> ltsp (5.0.40~bzr20080212-0ubuntu7) hardy-proposed; urgency=low
>   * add support for ten options to adjust monitor settings in xorg.conf
>     (X_MONITOR_OPTION_01-10) to make things like 'Option "DPMS" "off"'
>     available through lts.conf (partially LP: #199675)
>
> (make sure to have this package installed, the code was included
> upstream as well, so newer packages in other distros (i.e. debian lenny)
> should all have it ...)

In my lts.conf it says:

    [some machine]
            X_VERTREFRESH      = 50-160
            X_HORZSYNC         = 30-95
            X_MONITOR_OPTION_01= "DisplaySize     362     272"
            X_MONITOR_OPTION_02= "Option DPMS off"

and when I chroot into the client-fs I get a high enough version:

    # apt-cache policy ltsp-client
    ltsp-client:
      Installed: 5.1.10-1
      Candidate: 5.1.10-1
      Version table:
     *** 5.1.10-1 0
            500 http://http.us.debian.org lenny/main Packages
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

But the local xorg.conf on the Thin Client just says:

    Section "Monitor"
    VertRefresh     50-160
    HorizSync       30-95
            Identifier   "Monitor0"