hi,
Am Samstag, den 12.07.2008, 20:14 +0200 schrieb Stefan U. Hegner:
> I am referring to the DPI resolution for font scaling, not the physical
> screen resolution. I want to tell my X-Server the physical dimensions of
> my screen, as done in xorg.conf with DisplaySize like this:
>
> Section "Monitor"
>         Identifier      "EIZO FlexScan F57"
>         Option          "DPMS"
>         HorizSync       30-96
>         VertRefresh     50-150
>         DisplaySize     338     254     # Physical Screen size 33,8 cm
> by 25,4 cm
> EndSection
this is the changelg entry of hardy-updates, X_MONITOR_OPTION_01 should
provide you the ability to set DisplaySize:

ltsp (5.0.40~bzr20080212-0ubuntu7) hardy-proposed; urgency=low
  * add support for ten options to adjust monitor settings in xorg.conf
    (X_MONITOR_OPTION_01-10) to make things like 'Option "DPMS" "off"'
    available through lts.conf (partially LP: #199675)

(make sure to have this package installed, the code was included
upstream as well, so newer packages in other distros (i.e. debian lenny)
should all have it ...)

ciao
        oli