Not to drag out the conversation, but organizing LTSP specific
configuration files into /etc/ltsp != dumping them into a "root
directory" (such as /etc).

This is the way Linux and Unix has been doing things for a long time.
Also, it really cuts down on questions (such as the one that started
this thread) on where certain configuration files are kept for certain
aspects of the system. That way, we can all focus on more important things.

- Jordan