On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Jordan Erickson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> All,
>
> I have been making some headway with the Firefox 3/LTSP issue. When we
> start looking at SQLite under FF3, you start to see some reasoning why
> we get the slowdown/lockup issues we've been seeing.
>
> In a nutshell, check out the bug reports, especially regarding fsync.
> This is (probably) the issue, especially regarding LTSP multi-user
> setups hammering the ext3 filesystem, causing it to flush its cache
> every time fsync is called by SQLite (which is many many times,
> per-user, especially during profile creation).

All talk of SQLite and fsync is over my head, but FWIW, my server uses
XFS and I've had no issues specifically with FF, other than that all
clients get unresponsive/sluggish when somebody attempts to play a
youtube video fullscreen, but that doesn't sound like what people are
describing in this thread.

My point being that the FF3 problems could well be an ext3-only issue,
as Jordan sort-of implied. Or would other filesystems flush their
cache in the same way?

db