David,

That is a very good point. As far as what I've seen, this issue is
focussed on ext3/fsync issues. It's good to hear that people using other
filesystems aren't experiencing the FF issue we're discussing - it makes
it a bit more likely that we're finding out what's really going on here.

Thanks for the input,
Jordan