On Sat, 1 Nov 2008, Francesco D'Offizi wrote:

>>> If user logout then client log in again, no way to tell the client to
>>> poweroff.
>>>
>>> Is there any solution to this task?
>>
>> The power(off) button on the box of the client? ;-)
>
> Great, but only pushing it doesn't work... it should be there some
> script to power off the machine or I must keep pressed power button
> for 4 sec til machine shutdowns, that works but it's not as clean as
> I'd like...
> Must I put some acpi stuff in ltsp environment?

Hmmm... of course the client must be acpi capable. On older hardware you
may need apm as well, but I cannot remember that someone would have needed
such setup.

Here it works out of the box, i.e. I did not have to tweak the kernel
setup... (ltsp5, debian etch, setup date Nov 2007)

Anyway you should check on the clients whether the acpi modules are
loaded... (or compiled in the kernel).

--
Zsolt