Il giorno 01/nov/08, alle ore 12:00, SZABO Zsolt ha scritto:

>>> The power(off) button on the box of the client? ;-)
>>
>> Great, but only pushing it doesn't work... it should be there some
>> script to power off the machine or I must keep pressed power button
>> for 4 sec til machine shutdowns, that works but it's not as clean as
>> I'd like...
>> Must I put some acpi stuff in ltsp environment?
>
> Hmmm... of course the client must be acpi capable. On older hardware
> you
> may need apm as well, but I cannot remember that someone would have
> needed
> such setup.
>
> Here it works out of the box, i.e. I did not have to tweak the kernel
> setup... (ltsp5, debian etch, setup date Nov 2007)
>
> Anyway you should check on the clients whether the acpi modules are
> loaded... (or compiled in the kernel).
>
> --
> Zsolt

The client is acpi capable (HP T5135) cause it natively runs on a
linux based image provided by hp and power off button starts shutdown
routine.
How can I check that acpi is loaded in my ltsp client image?
I'm using default edubuntu 8.04 ltsp environment... thanks
--
PClinic di Francesco D'Offizi
via Tembien 15 - 00199 Roma