acpid is not installed in a default chroot.

If you want to force "Instant Off" capabilities, you can either:

1.  Go into the thin client BIOS and *disable* ACPI and set the Power
button from "4 secs" to "Instant Off" (on most BIOSes); or

2.  install acpid into your chroot and reroll the image

-Gadi

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 11:57 +0100, Francesco D'Offizi wrote:

> >> Great, but only pushing it doesn't work... it should be there some
> >> script to power off the machine or I must keep pressed power button
> >> for 4 sec til machine shutdowns, that works but it's not as clean as
> >> I'd like...
> >> Must I put some acpi stuff in ltsp environment?
> >
> > Hmmm... of course the client must be acpi capable. On older hardware
> > you
> > may need apm as well, but I cannot remember that someone would have
> > needed
> > such setup.
> >
> > Here it works out of the box, i.e. I did not have to tweak the kernel
> > setup... (ltsp5, debian etch, setup date Nov 2007)
> >
> > Anyway you should check on the clients whether the acpi modules are
> > loaded... (or compiled in the kernel).
> >
> > --
> > Zsolt
>

> The client is acpi capable (HP T5135) cause it natively runs on a
> linux based image provided by hp and power off button starts shutdown
> routine.
> How can I check that acpi is loaded in my ltsp client image?
> I'm using default edubuntu 8.04 ltsp environment... thanks
> --
> PClinic di Francesco D'Offizi
> via Tembien 15 - 00199 Roma
> P.IVA: 09294391009 CCIAA RM: 1156920
> CF: DFFFNC81D14G702N
> e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> telefono: 0692963084 - mobile: 3295465113 - fax: 0697252583

Gideon Romm | Proud LTSP Developer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Support LTSP!  Buy your hardware at:

        www.DisklessWorkstations.com
        www.DisklessThinClients.com

(use coupon code: LTSP5P for 5% off thin clients from DisklessThinClients.com)