Hi,
I have a show stopper problem with my LTSP installation. I run Ubuntu 8.10 with
Edubuntu Add on. Sometimes my clients doesn't seem to get an ip address from
the server. Usually I can boot about 4 to 5 clients with no problems at all but
when I turn on some more clients they hang when they try to get their
addresses. Checking the logs and network traffic (wireshark) says DHCP DISCOVER
broadcast from the clients and DHCP OFFER from the server but no REQUEST and
ACK.

The clients are HP T5530 thin clients. The server is an IBM 346 (2xXeon 3.0Ghz
4Gb RAM). There's 3 switches between server and clients, 2 Cisco 2970's and 1
2960. There is nothing else but the server and the clients on the same VLAN.
Any ideas? I'm getting desperate, don't know where to find answer.

My dhcpd.conf:
authoritative;

subnet XXX.XXX.128.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
    range XXX.XXX.128.50 XXX.XXX.128.199;
    option domain-name "xxx.xxx.se";
    option domain-name-servers XXX.XXX.154.16;
    option broadcast-address XXX.XXX.128.255;
    option routers XXX.XXX.128.1;
    next-server XXX.XXX.128.5;
#    get-lease-hostnames true;
    option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
    option root-path "/opt/ltsp/i386";
    if substring( option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9 ) = "PXEClient" {
        filename "/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.0";
    } else {
        filename "/ltsp/i386/nbi.img";
    }