Hi,

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009, Lars Andersson wrote:

> If this is for any help for you we found a work around. After hours of
> wiresharking and reconfiguring of dhcpd we decided to try another dhcp
> server. We put a Hardy Heron server with dhcp3-server beside our Intrepid
> Ibex server and after that the clients got thier addresses. Of course it
> required that the next server statement in dhcpd.conf is pointed to the
> LTSP server. It seems that running dhcpd with all the other services on
> the LTSP server is simply to much even if the server idles 90% of CPU
> time.

Good work, thanks.  It's far from ideal, but at least it helps fix it and
further pinpoint the issue.

I wonder if running an alternative dhcp server such as udhcpd or dnsmasq
on the server would fix this (if so, this indicates a bug somewhere in
dhcp3-server).  If you have time to try that out, it would be brilliant.

Gavin