karl.bar...@alexandriava.gov wrote:
> Lars Madsen <dal...@imf.au.dk> wrote on 09/10/2009 11:54:31 AM:
>
>> karl.bar...@alexandriava.gov wrote:
>>> I'm looking to install LTSP on an RHEL 5.3 box, but there doesn't seem
>>> be a package that's either targeted for this distro or a generic
> package
>>> for "none of the above" on the download page. Which package are other
> RHEL
>>> users installing?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> k.
>>>
>> I think most RHEL users are using LTPS 4.2
>>
>> I don't know if anyone have gotten LTSP5 to run with RHEL 5.3
>>
>> I've been trying to make it run as an application server for an ubuntu
>> based client (you cannot build the clients using RHEL, and fedora didn't
>
>> work well with our client hardware).
>>
>> It is possible to get things working, but I keep running in to problems
>> regarding keyboards, which I fix (and all cries for help has not been
>> answered)
>
> I was planning to go with openSuse for the client testing, as that's my
> distro of choice. My issue is the server side of things, as VMware doesn't
> get along with openSuse and we need something with OS tech support for
> these boxes if/when they become production.

I did manage to get things like USB working (using a hack as they didn't
  show on the desktop, but I think that has to do with the Gnome version
used in RHEL 5.3). Sound also seems to be mostly working. I have no need
for local apps so I've never tested it.

As long as one does not try to change the keyboard in Gnome, then it
seems to be working fine on RHEL5.3

--

/daleif