On Thursday 29 Apr 2010, Wim De Geeter wrote:
> No we use nfs,
>
> But it is still really not clear to me when to use ltsp-update-image
> So I  thought that every time you add some packages in the chroot you
> need to update your ltsp-update-image

No, with Debian and NFS you never use this command, delete it from your mind.

Indeed I think you probably need to remove the image it has created, which I
think is something like /opt/ltsp/images or something like that.

Obviously I don't use ltsp-update-image, so I'm working from vague
recollection, but certainly I don't have /opt/ltsp/images on my system, so if
you do, then it probably should be removed.

It would be good if someone who is more confident of their facts could
confirm.

Careful not to remove your /opt/ltsp/i386 directory though!

There must be a lot of Debian LTSP users diligently running this command,
could it not be modified to check for whether nfs/nbd is in use and politely
educate the user?

--
Chris Roberts

+------------------+--------------------------+
|     Distribution | Debian Lenny             |
|     LTSP Version | 5.1.90-1                 |
|      LDM Version | 2.0.48-1                 |
|  Windows Manager | KDE 3.5.10               |
|           Kernel | 2.6.26-bpo.1-686         |
|     Distribution | Debian Lenny             |
|     LTSP Version | 5.1.85-1                 |
|      LDM Version | 2.0.45-1                 |
|  Windows Manager | KDE 3.5.10               |
|           Kernel | 2.6.26-2-686             |