On Thursday 12 August 2010 22:31:02 ltsp-discuss-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net
wrote:
> [00:10:b5:c0:12:2a]
>     XSERVER=vesa
>     X_MODE_0 = 1280x1024
>
> This is a snippet from the lts.conf.
> It doesn't do the trick.
>
> I'm not at the school right now, so I cannot check it - but could it be
> the spaces around the '=' sign??
>
> The examples from the man lts.conf doesn't have spaces :-)

Welcome to hell!
you can't do that!

a) vesa is very fussy (depens on bios) but mine wont let me specify 1024x768
b) The monitor EID overides what you say!

I arranged ssh to my chroot, ssh to the thin client and look at the
Xorg....log

My wiki documents how, but a new server means my wiki is down. Google there is
quite a bit of info specially getting /dev/random (urandom ??) in order to
generate the keys and setting a root pw in the chroot

James