On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 09:06:22PM -0500, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) wrote:
> On 21/12/10 08:20 PM, Rob Owens wrote:
> > I had some success today.  I got a fat client working after addressing
> > two issues:
> >
> > 1)  Booting would hang on network-manager and/or
> > network-manager-dispatcher.
> >
> > I removed those packages and then:
> >
> > 2)  I'd get an error about the ownership of /var/lib/gdm, which would
> > result in me getting dropped to a text login.  In the chroot,
> > /var/lib/gdm had the correct ownership.  I think the issue may be that
> > on my server, gdm has a different uid and gid than the chroot.
> >
> > I fixed that problem by removing gdm.
...snip...
> Vagrant, did Debian strip away the fat client plugin switches? In Ubuntu
> the above is taken care of for the user. Any reason we can't have that
> in Debian too?

each distro has it's own plugins, and the fatclient plugin is ubuntu-specific,
and i've never taken the time to generalize it, or at least make it work for
debian.

the fatclient chroots i've built at freegeek so far didn't include
network-manager or gdm, so i guess i wasn't aware there was much need for such
a plugin. :)

live well,
  vagrant