Στις 16/05/2012 05:27 πμ, ο/η Quiliro Ordóñez έγραψε:
> So LTSP does not work on Pentium III as a client? This would make LTSP
> non-viable for me. I thought only X worked on the clients. Is X that heavy?

LTSP works fine on Pentium II with 128 MB RAM.
But some apps like firefox or openoffice make heavy use of local X RAM
in order to speed things up and prevent roundtrips to the X server.
E.g. I've seen firefox running on thin client (i.e. on the server) using
300 MB RAM of *local* X RAM to cache images.
There's an option to disable that, but of course it'll slow firefox down
a bit, read more in this bug report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/137764

In order for your clients not to crash you can enable an e.g. 512 MB NBD
swap file, read your distro docs about enabling NBD swap in LTSP.