On Wednesday 16 May 2012, Quiliro Ordóñez wrote:
> So LTSP does not work on Pentium III as a client? This would make LTSP
> non-viable for me. I thought only X worked on the clients. Is X that heavy?

I am not saying that, I am just saying that it was cheaper for me to spend
£100 per client x 5  fixing the problem, than to spend endless hours trying
to track such an obscure problem.

Just to reiterate - this was a sudden problem - one day they worked fine, the
next we had this sudden slow down every few hours.  Something is triggering
Xorg to melt down on the clients.

I spent a fair bit of time trying to pin it down to one application, could it
be IE in rdesktop, Iceweasel, it didn't seem to matter. It was always after
using a browser, but then we're using browsers all the time, so that could
have just been coincidence.

But it only affected our PIII clients, which were all Compaq ENSFF Deskpros
(in case that is relevant).

--
Chris Roberts