On Friday, June 07, 2013 10:05:50 pm Michael Pope wrote:
> I've just setup a Debian 7 LTSP server with some thin clients
>
> I have pulseaudio & libasound2-plugins installed in the client image
> (and have rebuilt it).
>
> I'm not getting sound from the client.
>
> I tried putting this into the client image file: /etc/asound.conf
> pcm.!default {
> type pulse
> }
>
> ctl.!default {
> type pulse
> }
>
> Still no go.
>
> I've also put the following into my lts.conf file
>

> Should I be using pulseaudio at all?
> [Default]
> SOUND_DAEMON=pulse
> SOUND = true
> LDM_LANGUAGE=en_AU.utf8
>
> # For ltsp-info to read proc and shutdown clients
> ALLOW_PROCREAD = Y
> ALLOW_SHUTDOWN = Y
>
> TIMEZONE=Australia/Melbourne
>
> # Grant access to /media /opt and /home on server from local_apps
> # These are not working for some reason
> LOCALDEV_DENY_INTERNAL_DISKS=False
> MOUNT_LOCAL_OPT=True
> MOUNT_LOCAL_MEDIA=True
> MOUNT_LOCAL_REAL_HOME=True
>
> # You may have to use local apps for anything which links to a local camera
> LOCAL_APPS=True
> LOCAL_APPS_EXTRAMOUNTS=/media,/opt
> LOCAL_APPS_MENU=True
> #LOCAL_APPS_MENU_ITEMS=skype,cheese
>
> # Allow use of ltsp-remoteapps within localapps on the terminals
> # mainly used for associating programs to filetypes
> REMOTE_APPS=True
>
> # Turn off encryption between server and client.  Speeds things up.
> LDM_DIRECTX=True
>
> # Required so clients can mount HTC Desire phones as disk drives
> MODULE_01 = "usb-uhci"
> MODULE_02 = "usb-storage"
> MODULE_03 = "sd_mod"
>

> From
> Michael Pope
Michael

I'm having the same problem with debian 7 wheezy client.
I think I found the  cause of the problem.

Under wheezy this is what the sound  devices look like:
ls -l /dev/snd
total 0

drwxr-xr-x  2 root root       60 Jun 12 13:46 by-path

crw-rw---T+ 1 root audio 116,  5 Jun 12 13:46 controlC0

crw-rw---T+ 1 root audio 116,  4 Jun 12 13:46 hwC0D0

crw-rw---T+ 1 root audio 116,  3 Jun 12 13:49 pcmC0D0c
crw-rw---T+ 1 root audio 116,  2 Jun 12 13:52 pcmC0D0p
crw-rw---T+ 1 root audio 116,  1 Jun 12 13:45 seq
crw-rw---T+ 1 root audio 116, 33 Jun 12 13:45 timer

under squeeze permissions were crw-rw----

After I did "chmod   o-t /dev/snd/*"  sound worked :-)

Odds are can override in /etc/udev/rules.d but thus far have not figured out
how  the "T" is getting set.

John