Στις 26/05/2014 03:12 μμ, ο/η Derek Schuurman έγραψε:
> Just a quick update regarding the file permissions issue I encountered
> in /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/amd64/ -- I tracked the issue down to a
> modified umask setting in /etc/login.defs. The umask settings were
> changed to 027 so that the default file permissions prevent users from
> being able to read files in other peoples home folders. Unfortunately
> this had the undesired side-effect that the default file permissions of
> the image files created by ltsp-update-image were no longer readable
> either...
>
> The file permissions of the vmlinuz boot image file should always be
> world-readable regardless of any changes in login.defs, no?  It seems
> this problem could be averted in the future by simply adding a line to
> the generate_image function in ltsp-update-image script to chmod o+r the
> image file... Is this a change that might be useful to submit?

No, chmod wouldn't be useful,
but setting umask to an appropriate value at the start of any LTSP
script that creates files (maybe in ltsp-server-common-functions) is a
topic that should be discussed by LTSP developers...

So, file a bug report in upstream LTSP about setting umask:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ltsp/