Great Devil Singh kirjoitti 2014-09-05 16:24:

> I am using LTSP only.(Not LTSP-PNP)

That is good. Try first get familiar with LTSP. Learning curve is not
easy.

> I am trying to boot Thin-client direct from root server without using
> switch. Is it possible?

I think so. I did that long ago. But better use switch.

"Here we do setup for laptop demo. We need working LTSP setup in laptop
and ethernet crossover cable for thin client. Laptop as a LTSP server is
connected to the Internet by WLAN, another laptop as a thin client is
connected to the LTSP server by LAN (ethernet crossover cable."

Do not follow NAT thing in that howto.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/LaptopDemo

> You mentioned first if I have HP txxx thin-clients simple LTSP is fine
> with me. Or can I go for LTSP-PNP?

LTSP-PNP can handle thin clients, too. And those application servers
were very same in both howtos, I just changed root server (Debian AMD64
LTSP vs. Debian i386 LTSP-PNP).

LTSP_FATCLIENTS=False
FAT_RAM_THRESHOLD=1024

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/FatClients

> I got the same problem with Edubuntu earlier and installed "tftp-hpa"
> package and it solved the problem. I also tried same with Debian but
> nothing went out.

Debian LTSP use DHCPD, TFTPD and NFS. Debian LTSP-PNP use DNSMASQD and
NBD.

You have your TFTPD.

------

root@debian-ltsp:~# cat /etc/default/tftpd-hpa
# /etc/default/tftpd-hpa

TFTP_USERNAME="tftp"
TFTP_DIRECTORY="/srv/tftp"
TFTP_ADDRESS="0.0.0.0:69"
TFTP_OPTIONS="--secure"

root@debian-ltsp:~# ps ax | grep tftp
  2900 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/sbin/in.tftpd --listen --user tftp
--address 0.0.0.0:69 --secure /srv/tftp

Do you have this for DHCPD?

root@debian-ltsp:~# cat /etc/default/isc-dhcp-server
[--]