On 09/14/2014 11:32 PM, Paweł Ptasznik wrote:
> Many thanks to all who have replied to my question. I have finally
> managed to set up RPi as a thin client, it works quite smoothly.

Good to hear you managed to get it to work.

> I have followed the tutorial written by Harry Lavender
> (http://www.uzerp.com/blog/running-raspberry-pis-as-thin-clients-with-ubuntu-14-04-lts/),
>
> but with ubuntu-12.04.5-server-amd64, as Floris Bos suggested.

Tutorial looks a bit more complicated than strictly necessary though.
If you have:

- a server that matches the recommend configuration (in particular it
has two network ports, one goes to Internet, one goes to the Ethernet
switch the clients are on)
- an Edubuntu 12.04 DVD

Server setup is a matter of ticking the "install LTSP" box during
installation.

http://www.berryterminal.com/doku.php/setting_up_edubuntu_as_ltsp_server

And client setup is a matter of extracting berryterminal.zip to an empty
SD card, and sticking it in the Pi.

Yours sincerely,

Floris Bos