On 2014-11-27, Johan Kragsterman wrote:
> Same thing there, it doesn't recognize ldm as a job, and it doesn't
> recognize it as a service. Which means, as far as I can imagine, that
> it doesn't run on the fat client...? Must be running on the server,
> then...

LDM definitely runs on the client, thin or fat, just not configured as a
"service" or "job".

>  Vagrant said it runs from an LTSP screen script, so I guess I should
>  be able to run that script to get it going. Someone familiar with
>  that script, like where it is and the name of it...?

It's in the client's /usr/share/ltsp/screen.d/ldm, which is started by
/usr/share/ltsp/screen_session, which is started by either
/etc/init.d/ltsp-client-core or ltsp-client-core upstart job? Neither
have any stop or restart functionality... they start once and that's it.

There's not really a manual way to start it ... well, you could set
SCREEN_07=shell in lts.conf, and ". /usr/share/ltsp/screen.d/ldm" and
then once it finishes, should bring you back to the console on tty7,
where you can source it again. Pretty ugly workaround...

The menu screen script might be a slightly less ugly way to get that
behavior, as it uses a console dialog to select which session type to
run.

If you can figure out a commandline option that disables the screen
script, you could create a simple hook to run in
/usr/share/ltsp/screen-session.d/ or /usr/share/ldm/rc.d hooks to
execute your video reset on logout...

Good luck!

live well,
  vagrant