Adding to what Chris said, we have a Debian ltsp server on a network
otherwise populated by EL6 and 7 boxes including EL6 (Scientific Linux)
DHCP server and another EL 6 NFS server.

If you want to set up a little Ubuntu (or whatever flavor you chose)
sandbox, it takes just a few lines added/edited to dhcpd.conf.

Regards,
William