On 18/04/2016 12:41 πμ, Ondřej Rusek wrote:
> Zotac Zbox - ION (Dual Core Atom with NVidia), 1GB RAM (I think...)

This box:
https://www.zotac.com/us/product/mini_pcs/id40

Has this processor, with a passmark score of 700:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Atom+D525+%40+1.80GHz

For new computer labs it's best that we select clients with at least
1500 score, but OK those D525 clients should be good enough for fat clients.

You can try booting one of them with a Live Ubuntu USB stick, and see if
it performs better than what you have now with them as thin clients.

So yup like Asmo said, use the ltsp-pnp guide to have one server and 32
LTSP fat clients per classroom.

For load balancing, you may also use one separate LDM_SERVER machine for
centralized authentication and /home, and even make it dual NIC with
bonding for increased efficiency.

Btw I'm available for paid LTSP support if anyone's ever interested.
E.g. if in a couple of hours I could help people arrange their computer
labs to be many times more efficient, it'd be worth it, and you'd also
be supporting further LTSP development.

Cheers,
Alkis Georgopoulos
LTSP developer