LinuxDan wrote:
Also, hyperthreading technology started with the 2.0 chip. It increases
processing speeds up to twice as fast as a dual processor and utilizes the

Hyperthreading will NEVER have performance twice as fast as a real dual processor. Most of the time you will have only a few percent performance increase, and some things actually go SLOWER with hyperthreading. Only very special cases optimized for hyperthreading have significant gains.

L1 and L2 cache as well so don't buy into any negative comments about
hyperthreading until you read the facts.  Buy the way, the unit described in
this article was a Dell and came preinstalled with RH7.2.

Dan

I don't profess to understand completely how L1 and L2 cache works, but I know enough to say I don't think you understand the true nature of this situation. Hyperthreading simply doesn't make things twice as fast. No disrespect intended.

Warren