On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 21:13, Casey Roberts wrote:
> I am looking at using thin clients in the future for
> an idea involving media in a system for a car.  It's
> still being thought out, and I was exploring the
> option of using mini-ITX systems and touchscreens for
> the thin clients.  If you guys have luck using the
> mini-ITX setup, I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only
> one interested in their use for thin clients.  Please
> let us know how it goes.  Thank you!
>
> Casey

Just to clarify, "thin client" refers to a "dumb terminal", or machine
where you control software locally, but it is actually running across
the network on a powerful server.  I believe you are thinking about a
minimized computer for a car.

You will find many webpages about homebrew car media players, but the
largest hurdle you will hit is keeping hard drives from crashing with
the constant vibration of a moving car.  You may need to consider more
expensive flash storage to hold your media.  Avoid as many moving parts
as possible and it probably wont break easily.

Warren Togami
[EMAIL PROTECTED]