Hi there!

I had Ubuntu 10.04 LTs installed on my desktop  AMD Athlon 1800+ XP and 1GB
RAM. According to cat/proc/cpuinfo it supports PAE.

This desktop has been turned off for 2 years and now I decided to install
Lubuntu there. Before start installing Lubuntu, I played a lot with that
Ubuntu 10.04 just to remind me how it was. This desktop is not connected to
the Internet, so no problem once 10.04 is EOL.

Although it has 1GB RAM, lubuntu-12.10-desktop-i386.iso  crashes when on
slideshow. Removing ubiquity-slideshow-lubuntu didn't help at all once
crashing remains. Desktop keeps rebooting by itself.

Alternate lubuntu-12.10-alternate-i386.iso crashes too on different parts,
sometimes when partioning, sometimes almost at the end of installation. I
know it was almost the end of installation because I followed Karl video on
alternate installer. Desktop keeps rebooting by itself.

MD5 of the isos were checked.

MD5 of the CDs were checked too with md5sum -c md5sum.txt | grep -v
"SUCESSO" (SUCESSO means success because I'm running Lubuntu in portuguese
from a laptop).

Install from LiveUSB is not possible once the BIOS does not allow boot from
USB.

Hard drives are not that used because they were changed on 2011, installed
Ubuntu 10.04 there and never turned on after buying laptops.

I've even tested hard drives with palimpsest before trying to install
Lubuntu.

There's nothing specific on release notes either.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetzal/ReleaseNotes/Lubuntu#Known_Issues

Any ideas what else should I do to install Lubuntu on this AMD desktop?

Ubuntu 10.04 is not there anymore once partition from Alternate installer
was successfull.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

Cheers,
Iberê