Iber?

I've installed Lubuntu 12.04, 12.10 and 13.04 on many different AMD powered machines and there is nothing wrong with that combo as far as I can tell. 1GB RAM should be plenty. Nio's suggestions were all great and quite detailed. One thing I'd like to add is I don't mess with the 64bit installers - there is nothing wrong with installing a 32bit Lubuntu on a 64bit machine and (for me) makes it easier going forward.

I also think you should wipe the hard drive clean first with DBAN (Derik's Boot and Nuke). Download it from http://www.dban.org/ burn to a CD and start up your AMD machine with the DBAN CD. Use the "Department of Defense" 3-pass erase. When DBAN starts just type dodshort [Enter]. Depending on the size of the hard disk; this can take quite a while. But, it will ensure everything on the hard drive is completely obliterated and you'll have a true "clean slate" from which to start.

When DBAN is done wiping, replace the DBAN CD with whichever Lubuntu installation CD you'd like to try and power-down the machine (don't press Enter at this point unless you are interested in the the commercial wiping product commercial) with the button. Give your computer a minute or more off time and then boot it with your chosen Lubuntu version.

Eric Bradshaw

--
Thank You,
God Bless,