On 12/27/2013 01:36 AM, Eric Bradshaw wrote:
> The list of applications (installed through LSC) that have Big or No
> Icons in Lubuntu is getting bigger itself. Decided to make a little
> webpage on Dropbox to keep it manageable and somewhat organized. It's
> apps that start with A through C right now. It's also split between
> "no icons" and "Big icons." I will keep uploading to this list as I go
> if needed that way by anyone. I just thought this way would make it
> easier to look at and to follow? Hope nobody minds.
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4112637/Big-or-No-Icons-in-Lubuntu.html
>

> Eric

It might be better to host it on one of the *buntu sites.  You could
make a launchpad bug, or blueprint, or a wiki page.  That way it will be
around to link to for others without having to use your personal
dropbox.  Though, I suppose it could be better to compile the list first
and then make a bug about it.

The thing I wonder most is if the apps without icons actually come with
icons and the packaging has an error which doesn't cause the icon to
install.  I have too much going on right now to take on the task of
looking into the source of those programs on lp and checking out their
/debian stuff....  If this is a bug in packaging, though the larger
*buntu community could possibly pitch in and run some script on all the
packages to find out the error and fix it...  I think the quality
testing people should find out about this large swath of apps without icons.

--
Regards