2014-02-19 18:03, Salama skrev:
> Just because 12.04 reached EOL doesn't mean that we shouldn't use it!!
> Some old machines - with very low memory - won't be able to use the
> new versions.. so 12.04 is the only available solution to many users
> in "3rd world" countries.

Several current versions, flavours and re-spins of Ubuntu are available
for old hardware. See the first and last posts in this link

All the following versions, flavours and re-spins can be installed with
the One Button Installer, which makes it possible to install with lower
RAM, than what is possible with the desktop and alternate installers.

Summary of the last post:

Lubuntu has the ultra-light desktop environment LXDE. The only current
version is 13.10.

Xubuntu has the light desktop environment XFCE, and there is a long time
support version until April 2015, Xubuntu 12.04 LTS, not only 13.10.

LXLE has the ultra-light desktop environment LXDE. The current version
is 12.04 LTS with support until April 2017.

Bento and Bodhi are other re-spins slightly farther away but still based
on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with support until April 2017.

Precise Gnome Classic Tweaks is 'Ubuntu tweaked', so that it is using a
basic and light-weight gnome desktop instead of Unity. supported until
April 2017.

I can recommend all these for old computers. Among those that work with
your computer it is a matter of taste, which one of them you prefer.

Best regards
Nio