OK, I'm in good position to test whether this is the old bug at work or simply phased updates working properly. I just ran Software Updater manually and it identified 683 KB of updates available for the Lubuntu Base. I did not install the updates, so within 2.5 days I should be notified that there are updates available.

On 5/8/2014 8:26 AM, bapoumba wrote:
Ah very very good point :http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/phased-updates.html <http://people.canonical.com/%7Eubuntu-archive/phased-updates.html>
the iputils packages are showing up on that page.
Thank you much, I always forget about phase updates..

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Dale Visser <dale.vis...@live.com <mailto:dale.vis...@live.com>> wrote:

    You may just be encountering "phased updates" for the first time
    in this version:

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/08/phased-updates-to-start-rolling-out-for-ubuntu-13-04

    It takes 2.5 days for a new phased update to roll out to all
    users. Apt-get bypasses the delays and gets everything that can be
    updated.

    Sent from my Windows Phone
    From: bapoumba <mailto:bapou...@ubuntu.com>
    Sent: ?5/?8/?2014 5:50 AM
    To: John Hupp <mailto:lubu...@prpcompany.com>
    Cc: lubuntu user list <mailto:lubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
    Subject: Re: 14.04 seems subject to bug 1046563 with
    update-manager/notifier

    Hello,

    thanks for the email, I was about to post one.

    First off, I'd like to apologize for silently joining the list a
    few weeks back. So hello, you'll mainly find me on the forums :)

    I've added a few things to the forums thread, and linked the bug
    report here
    https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/update-manager/main
    <https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-core-dev/update-manager/main>
    I've also added "trusty" to the title.

    Now I'm not that familiar with update-manager (software-updater)
    and not sure where to look at to troubleshoot and add useful
    information.
    To me, the biggest issue is the discrepancy between apt-get
    upgrade and software updater.

    Would anyone know ?

    Have a good day !

    On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 9:13 PM, John Hupp <lubu...@prpcompany.com