On 5/10/2014 5:37 PM, Aere Greenway wrote:
On 05/10/2014 03:20 PM, John Hupp wrote:
Does anyone know of a ready-made Grub2 theme that is not heavy and that accords decently with the Lubuntu design? I'm dual-booting Windows and Lubuntu and looking for something dressier than the default black-and-white menu.

And I use the word "theme" advisedly. I don't mean merely adding a background image and font colors (though I'll probably do that if I don't find a not-too-difficult theme solution).

John:

I applaud your idea.

I think, if it did nothing else, that it should indicate "Lubuntu" instead of "Ubuntu". I have a lot of partitions on my machines, and it would be helpful to know which is which.

Linux Mint seems to be able to do it, as does openSUSE. I would like it if each Ubuntu variant identified itself in the GRUB menu.

I noticed that the LXLE spin-off of Lubuntu 12.04 has a GRUB background picture (which I like), though it makes the text hard to read (except for the selected item).

I'm working on a theme now. Is there a Lubuntu icon file that I can grab somewhere?