On 05/04/2016 07:05 PM, 0iras0r wrote:
On Wed, 4 May 2016 18:47:43 -0500
Simon Quigley <tsimo...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

Hello 0iras0r,

What didn't work? What happened? What image are you using?

Hi! Thanks for reply so quickly...
I tried Lubuntu 16.04 amd64, after other OS linux, such as arch linux,
debian and ubuntu 16.04, but all have the same problem: poweroff --->
the computer doesn't turn off and reboot ---> doesn't reboot.

0iras0r

Hi 0iras0r,
The terminal command to poweroff in 16.04 is:
systemctl poweroff
This is the systemd way to shutdown the computer

Although you can of course still use the tried and true:
sudo shutdown -h now

I am not sure if the dbus command works still...
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Manager org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.Stop

It is more complicated, but still might work (though it may not I forget if it does in 16.04)

It would be a good idea to test this in a terminal to get the output of the command for us to observe.

If either of those work we can easily make a desktop file to run either command.

You can see if the computer supports suspend by running
pm-is-supported --suspend
The hibernate command is similar
pm-is-supported --hibernate

It is useful to include the specs for the computer as well
lspci
is helpful to list things like the graphics card and internet interfaces (and a few other things as well
sudo dmidecode

These will both give a bit more information, as will:
sudo lshw
though, I don't think this is included by default, though I may be wrong about that.

--
Regards