On Thu, 12 May 2016 07:45:10 -0500
Israel <israeld...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05/12/2016 06:11 AM, 0iras0r wrote:
> > I edit the grub2 as you suggest..
> >> Then change:
> >> quiet splash
> >> nomodeset
> > after doing this, when I tried to shut down
> > ....stuff closed ok....
> > r8169 0000:03:00.0 System wake up enabled by ACPI <-----Maybe the
> > issue is here!!! =D
> Hi,
> Did this work completely?  I don't fully understand your reply.
Didn't work... It seems to proceed to shutdown but actually not and the
log buffering stop to the message above: r8169....

> ACPI is the  Advanced Configuration and Power Interface so it does
> have something to do with acpi, indeed!

I think too.

> If it didn't work you could try using some acpi options
> Here is the EXHAUSTIVE kernel parameters list
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt
I'll view this document... at the moment I tried all the tl;dr part of
this email, but nothing did work.

> tl;dr
> acpi=off might work as a temporary test... but I don't recommend
> adding it as a kernel parameter permanently
> go through and test the other 'Format' options
>
> acpi={force | off | strict | noirq | rsdt | copy_dsdt}
>
> This is the snippet from the page:
>
> acpi=         [HW,ACPI,X86,ARM64]
>                       Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
>                       Format: { force | off | strict | noirq | rsdt
> | copy_dsdt }
>                       force -- enable ACPI if default was off
>                       off -- disable ACPI if default was on
>                       noirq -- do not use ACPI for IRQ routing
>                       strict -- Be less tolerant of platforms that
> are not strictly ACPI specification compliant.
>                       rsdt -- prefer RSDT over (default) XSDT
>                       copy_dsdt -- copy DSDT to memory
>                       For ARM64, ONLY "acpi=off" or "acpi=force"
> are available
>
>                       See also Documentation/power/runtime_pm.txt,
> pci=noacpi
I didn't try this last command... I'll make you know... but every
single other command related to acpi didn't work.

Thanks for helping me.

Rosario.