@Fritz,
sometimes a kernel parameter can help with this issue... but again with PPC you never know.... maybe someone else here knows for sure?? I have had a PPC that did suspend and wake, but not every release has worked for this... i am not sure if my Precise iBook (running precise that is, as the sound issue was not resolved in Xenial... and I don't have time to mess around with it much.)