On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 11:47 PM, Peter Golis <gol...@centrum.sk> wrote:

> If you want to use hibernation, then please check my older emails. I had
> described small how to enable it. Keyword for searching is "resume".
>

> PS: Lubuntu had not forgott hibernation. Hibernation in Linux was disabled
> due to faulty binary device drivers from some vendors. Lubuntu is affected
> by that issues.
>

> Peter.

et al:

I checked the entire web for your older emails Peter, and "nothing was
found."  But, I did find an 8/15 thread with Israel where he walked me
through the "suspend v  hibernate" tests on my PM, at that time running
12.04.  In 12.04 I could "induce" hibernate using a complicated terminal
command, but the "resume" aspect was so rough. blotchy graphics, wild
cursor behaviors . . . that it wasn't doing what I needed it to do--fast
"revival" without going through the whole boot process.  In PPC nothing is
happening too fast, booting up is "slow" and so is shutting down, etc.

So, at that time Israel was suggesting going to a trusty kernel in precise,
but I believe it was not ported to PPC and I wound up just going to 14.04,
which brought other issues . . . .  And now I'm in Xenial, which is better
than 14.04 in some areas, but not in others . . . .  : - )  So, at some
point I might check out the FAQ and see if anything suggested there works
for fixing or providing "hibernate" . . . but, since I have 10.5 installed
I use that for my daily functions and just flip to linux for "testing" in
PPC land--some things better, some things not . . . .