On 06/01/2016 08:39 AM, E James wrote:
On 01/06/16 15:13, Aere Greenway wrote:
Since I need to get the wireless working first on my machines before
installing, I prefer to use the live desktop version (rather than the alternate
install), so I would probably not use a CD-size alternate install version
anyway.

If you're maintaining support for older hardware (like my Shuttle), it's worth
pointing out that the Alternate install will work with 512MB ram while the Live
Desktop won't.

The live system install has worked for me on my older machines having 512 megabytes of RAM, including on Lubuntu 16.04.

It hasn't yet failed on a live system install with 512 megabytes of RAM.

There was a problem with level 12.04, where it was necessary to remove the ubiquity slide-show, and there were problems getting zram working, but it has been flawless in the last several releases.

--
Sincerely,
Aere