On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 21:51:37 +0200
Liam Proven <lpro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 26 July 2016 at 17:50,  <scrooya...@riseup.net> wrote:
> > its backwards annoing and disrespects my privacy.
>

> As a counter-argument, I'd argue that you are disrespecting us & the
> other members of the (L)Ubuntu community by insisting on anonymity.
>
> Anonymity is not privacy, nor is privacy equivalent to anonymity.
>
> You join this mailing list and apparently expect to receive help and
> support and you do not even have the manners to give your name.
>
> As a parallel: if I was hosting a party, and someone came with a mask
> on and refused to give their name, I would not welcome them. I'd throw
> them out for their extreme rudeness.
>
> A mailing list is no different.
>
> As a general rule, whereas I frequent many mailing lists and a few
> newsgroups, I generally will not help people using visibly false
> names. I consider it poor manners.
>
> You are complaining about a service of questionable legality being
> blocked by an external service that is nothing to do with Ubuntu. This
> is the wrong place to complain about it, we are the wrong people, and
> I suggest you consider how your netiquette compares to basic
> real-world manners and civility.
>
> --
> Liam Proven • Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
> Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven
> MSN: lpro...@hotmail.com • Skype/AIM/Yahoo/LinkedIn: liamproven
> Cell/Mobiles: +44 7939-087884 (UK) • +420 702 829 053 (ČR)
>
> --
The ubuntu one single sign on is used for many different things like say what
teams you are a part of on launchpad which uses the bug tracker and who wrote
this comment. I don't see an intuitive way to do this with anominity.  Also
even  the free software foundation has a channel on freenode. I don't really
like the idea of captchas on ubuntu one webpage I certainly don't remember them
but we have had an attack of many people signing up for the single sign on and
spamming the wiki with all sorts of advertisements which results in either
locking it down or a not very useful wiki.

--
Brendan Perrine <walteror...@gmail.com>