i'm not insisting on anonimity, but being treated as a criminal when you have done nothing wrong that is invading my privacy.

also i do see it from your point of view and i can agree to some extend. But since privacy is not respected by default, Then people who care about privacy feel forced to use something like TOR by default to get/TAKE privacy. (how do you say this in english?)

I joined the mailing list with my regular yahoo email address with my normal name but I used the webmail while using tor. thats where it started, and now i also got bugged with captchas and that's where i had enough of it. Emotions got the better of me? Or maybe ethics?

anyhow, mu yahoo mail ended up in spam, thats why i went for a new mail account (thisone, because i was very annoyed at yahoo for wasting my time)

If yahoo had not done this then i would most likely be still using this list form my other account.

So who is to blame?  Yahoo i guess?

I hope that i didn't make enemies here by raising some ethical issues i just has a few technical questions and if i can help others then i'm also prepared to help.

So you consider TOR to be of questionable legality?
But how legal is A capthcha system then? That sends a certain amount of packets and probes several PC related details to snoop out a users identity. Is it concidered to be legal to do that? When i see someone walk on the street and grab the persons wallet and ID to randomly probe a persons identity then I GET ARRESTED.

But holy Google may do so all over the planet??

I said i would stop this discussion, any followups i will answer, but off-list.

I got a bit carried away here. Though i'm sure my argumenst are strong enough in privacy vs anonimity. I do not need anonimity, but privacy should be a default service, and if that's not the case then people resort to anonimity. Don't blame them, it's not their fault, it's for them the only option left to get privacy. I don't know ANY alternative that gives me real privacy.

I do not want to offend anyone and don't think my nettiquette are bad, some phrases may eventually be bad english but thats most likely because im not a native english speaker and learned my english from american action movies.