On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 5:32 PM Walter Lapchynski <w...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On 2019-04-25 00:18, Mark F wrote:
> > I installed 19.04 a few days ago, it seemed to install
> > faster than I remember past versions.
> > I was thinking maybe LXQt isn't as
> > large (disk space) as LXDE. But, now it comes with LibreOffice.
>
> If you get some good results from the benchmarking (maybe you should
> benchmark the two installers?), please share to
> lubuntu-de...@lists.ubuntu.com and perhaps we can use it in an upcoming
> blog or a piece on the website.

FYI: I just installed using QEMU:

Old installer:

Lubuntu (LXDE) 18.4.2 (20 minutes, 7 seconds)

New Installer:

Lununtu (LXQt) 19.4 (13 minutes, 41 seconds)

I installed both from the Live CD desktop environment (not the GRUB
"Install it" menu item. 19.4 doesn't have that option. So they were both
installed the same way.).

18.4.2: I chose download updates while installing, and install 3rd party
software.

19.4: Doesn't have those two options (or, I wasn't paying enough
attention).

Could that affect the difference in install times? I.e., does Calamaes do
that stuff by default? If not, I could reinstall 18.4.2 with those two
options disabled (download updates & install 3rd party).

Mark