On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 1:11 PM Walter Lapchynski <w...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> That said, I did some testing and I'm not sure I see this as so cut and
> dry.

I agree. One could prefer a literal "scroll three things" (without concern
for whether those things are lines, or photo thumbnails, or desktops).
Three is three.

Since I upgraded to LXQt relatively late, I assume the lack of anyone else
bringing this up the past year or so means it's the right way to do it.

To me, it feels weird to have to reorient myself to what three _is_. I
think of it more as _distance_. When I roll my wheel, I adjust my
enthusiasm/expectation by how far I have to go (within the size of the
viewport). I don't really think about it as "I'm looking at smaller things,
Spin madly!" (nor, "whales! go slow."). It's just a gesture I'm accustomed
to doing (with an expectation of the result, no matter the context.).

I apologize for opening the bug reports to the wrong place, and the wrong
way. When you told me to open them, I just googled for "LXQT bugs" and
that's where I landed. Much of the template didn't seem to apply. I thought
it was just a formality to get the issues being discussed some visibility.

I hope the feedback and resulting discussion has at least been helpful.

Mark